Virtual Reality (VR) in TU Library & Learning Commons
Welcome to Virtual Reality (VR) at Thomas University Library & Learning Commons!
TU LLC currently houses two MetaQuest 2 VR systems that are available for students, faculty and staff,
Systems are for in-library use only and are available at the circulation desk for two hour checkout.
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality, commonly known as VR, is the computer generated simulation of a three-dimensional (3-D) image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a visor with lenses inside and hand held sensors.
In a Virtual Reality environment, scenes and objects appear to be real, making the user feel they are immersed in their surroundings.
How to use Meta Quest 2 Controller-Tutorial for Beginners
Explore our Apps and Games:
Guided Meditation (Mindfulness & Wellness)
Meditation made simple & visual. Bring peace, joy, and calm back into your daily life with Guided Meditation VR.
– LUSH ENVIRONMENTS – 40+ lush environments to escape the everyday.
– MINDFULNESS – 30+ hours of guided meditations on Anxiety, Depression, Maternity, Resilience, Sleep, or Zen.
– CALMING MUSIC – 200+ relaxing audio tracks designed to enhance your meditation experience.
– CUSTOMIZE – Prefer meditating on your own? Like music? No music? Customize your meditation sessions to be perfect, just for you.
– TIMER – Are you an advanced meditator? Use the simple meditation timer.
– FLOAT ON – Relax in style as you gently float automatically through beautiful vistas. Motion mode is like a lazy river for your mind. Leave the worries of your life behind to return calmer and stronger. Learn ancient meditation practices in a cutting-edge way.
Beat Saber (Fitness)
Beat Saber is a unique VR rhythm game where your goal is to slash the beats (represented by small cubes) as they are coming at you.
Every beat indicates which saber you need to use and also the direction you need to match.
All the music is composed to perfectly fit the handmade levels.
The goal is to make players almost dance while cutting the cubes and avoiding obstacles.
Each cut is strongly supported by great sound and visual effects to emphasize the rhythm.
**NEW** Curio XR (Education)
TU LLC is excited to bring the virtual extended reality of Curio XR to students and faculty! Curio XR is an educational based app where students can meet for study sessions in a virtual setting. The app provides learning tools, such white boards, 3-D shapes, virtual molecules, calculators, and even an AI study buddy! Click on the image below to discover what the app has to offer!!